10.09.2008

MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

the other day while browsing through barnes and noble (you know how dangerous that store is for me), i found a gem in the 50% off dvd bin. this movie was my favorite as a kid, it came out in 1993 amidst the turmoil of my third grade year. i have a few distinct memories that come from my old house on ingram street, but one of the more vivid ones includes me watching UNTAMED HEART in my front room with my grandparents and my mom and being SO EMBARASSED that i was crying that i got up, went to the bathroom, sat on the toilet (the lid was down, don't worry), and started bawling my head off. i cried so hard that i needed toilet paper (for my nose) and i just remember thinking OUTLOUD "WHY?!" it's probably been about ten years since i've seen this movie, i don't know how i ever went so long, heavens knows i'll never go that long again, but i watched it last night and i cried so terribly hard, just as hard as i did the first (second, third, fourth) time, the difference now is that i was in the privacy of my own room to bawl at will. i cried during the movie, even before the end because i knew what was coming. seeing the movie reminded me how much i used to be absolutely in LOVE with christian slater. i loved him SO MUCH, in fact that when my aunt marcia was pregnant and my uncle david asked me what names i like, i said "christian for a boy". that was also in 1993 (guess what? they named him christiaan, but i don't think it was for the same reason that i chose the name). i also can't believe how i remembered freaking every line in the movie. what's weird about that is i never actually OWNED the movie growing up, i just RENTED it so often that i knew all the lines (how's that for dedication? dedication or obsession, i'm not sure?) anyways, after watching it last night, i know for certain that it is my absolute favorite movie of all time. it's one of those movies that my aunt jennie would tell me that she won't watch just because it's so sad. but i don't care. sometimes i like to be sad and cry for reasons that have nothing to do with my life, so sue me.


i had intended to write a blog about my favorite things, but i can't right now. i'm too tired and i want to nap. i owe my brother lunch for cleaning the cat boxes for me (hehe bribe central... peter piper rules all) so i have to get that done. perhaps later tonight i will blog about my current obsessions... the hills NOT included, y'all.

No comments: