8.29.2008

my current obsession.



i tend to be pretty quiet about my obsessions. alright, that's a lie, i know that practically everyone knows-EVERYONE knows- that i am obsessed with the jonas brothers. really, there are some obsessions that i keep on the D.L. for example, my obsession with THE HILLS. i know that there is this whole theory about the show not actually being reality t.v. but real or fake, i don't care... i love it. who doesn't want to watch pretty people (sans heidi and spencer) dress in designer clothes and worry about "important" things like, who will be at le deux tonight? you know, i have enough real things to worry about in my own life (i.e. money, schedules, jobs, time, age difference...) so sue me if i like taking a break for a half hour every monday (ok fine... for a four hour marathon) to watch other people's lives (let me clarify... other beautiful people's lives). seriously i am so entertained by whitney the question-asker, and the ridiculousness that is known as justin bobby, and how fun it is to hate spencer and heidi. and how cute are lauren and brody?! why don't they just get together already? come on!! they make the best couple and he is totally in love with her, it is the cutest thing ever. if my world were perfect, johnny depp and winona ryder would still be together, justin and britney would have never broken up, and LC and brody would just get together already! i know this show is nonsensical and the fact that i watch it may give me some minus points in certain people's books. normally i would care about losing life points, but in this case i'm willing to take one for the team (besides i have like a brazillian points so what's losing a few?)

i have included (for my benefit more than yours) some of my favorite brody/lauren moments. or, as i call them, "BRO-REN" moments (don't laugh, you know you love it).



ah, broren in vegas for brody's bday. (don't be concerned, brody isn't wearing a glove, it's just like this post-cast business that he had to wear after lauren broke his finger.) cutest exchange between the two in the episode...
B: "where's my birthday present?"
L: "i already gave you a present!"
B: "ok, fine. where's my birthday kiss?"
L: "do you want a birthday kiss?"
(insert "give-me-a-frigging-break" look here)

funniest line goes to lauren when she whispers in brody's ear "i just saw Lo's 'Britney'!!"


this episode airs after the one in vegas. lauren goes out on a date with some poor shmuck who suuuuuuucks and she ends up at home early. brody calls her to see how the date went and of course she is all like "ummm... it was fine... no sparks" and then he's like "yeah... he didn't seem like your type... what are you gonna do now?"
L: "ummmm... probably just watch a movie or something, i don't know"
B: "not by yourself?"
L: "why not?"
B: "because i'm not gonna let someone i care about sit alone after a bad date and watch a movie by themselves. i'll come over."
L: "you wanna watch with me?"
B: "what movie are you gonna watch?"
L: "does it really matter?"
B: (laughs) "guess not."

ok, well i don't know what this is from but it is just so disgustingly cute i had to include it. do you see the way he is looking at her? come on! TRUE LOVE! this season is going to be so good, i am so lamely excited for it. what's going to happen?! aaaahhhh!! no one knows! i will leave you with the words of the ever-so-intellectual justin bobby: "truth and time.... tells all".

7 comments:

Karen said...

Gabs, I totally am watching the Hills. What else am i going to watch? Im sick of Oprah, my Rachael Ray recipes sucked when I tried them, the Democratic debates got redundant, and whatever that Alaskan VP woman thinks shes going to help out with on the Rep side, and I've already seen everything on the news and Everybody Loves Raymond episode. The Office and Lost haven't started yet. So The Hills it is! And I second the motion that Justin Bobby is ridiculous.

And why don't I have something in parenthesis by MY name??

BRADEN DM said...

HAHA! MAN ALIVE. THAT SHOW IS ON EVERYWHERE I GO. MY GIRLFRIEND, MY SISTER, SOMEONE, ALWAYS HAS THE DVR PLAYING THAT SHOW. ITS BIGGER THAN THE BEATLES!

Karen said...

okay so I just watched Palins speech and I will give her the benefit of the doubt. She did a great job at deliverance.

So now if Brody will deliver :)

gabrielle. said...

OMG. i wish brody would deliver!! i want him to deliver to ME!! kare, i am so glad you watch this show!! i know i'm not the only one, but i find it hard to find people to will admit it.

i had my doubts about palin, too. big time. her speech was way good but i can't help but think of how she should be home with her children... idk man. i just don't know when it comes to politics.

Kilee said...

oh gabby dear... you couldnt have said it better... love the hills. i think whitney is my favorite.

Jen said...

I have to admit- I'm slightly obsessed too. I have slowly started catching up through reruns, and can always catch the most recent episode sometime throughout the week.

This probably sounds really "Molly Mormon" of me- But I LOVE how there is NO SEX in it- it's a pretty clean show which i love, i just hope it stays that way.

Unknown said...

miss gabbers!!! i love thee


love
sarahers