10.30.2008

alice in wonderland.

lert me just preface this post by saying that ever since i was a young buck i have wanted to work at disneyland. but not just any job, i wanted to be a character, one of the ones who gets to wear a wig and a dress and sign autographs and pose for pictures, one who has a line following her wherever she goes, and preferably one with a british accent, as that is my favorite accent to annoy people with. anyways, that fact may help you understand why there are a gazillion pictures too many of me dressed up as alice in wonderland. this is my favorite movie, and the movie in which i collect the most things from (i.e. books, posters, mini figurines, dolls, stuffed animals, blankets, etc.). being dressed up like this really made me want to work for disney again (although this time my dream can't include working as alice, as alice musn't be taller than 4'10") and it also made me want to go blonde again (i have issues). i also couldn't help the sudden urges i would get to sign an autograph, or courtsey for a photo. and don't think that the entire night i didn't say "shAUnt", and "cAUnt" instead of "can't", because i did. i also found myself using annoying phrases like "oh dear me". my 8-year-old self is jumping for joy.


when will i ever be dressed up so beautifully again? never, probably. not if i want to get married in this life anyways. so i pretty much went crazy with my camera. to move up the "nerd" meter one more notch, i shall include my favorite lines from the movie to go with each picture.



"if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. and contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? "


"you may have noticed that I'm not all there myself..."

"curiouser and curiouser...."

"well, when one's lost, I suppose it's good advice to stay where you are until someone finds you. but who'd ever think to look for me here?"
"oh, pooh. I'm not afraid of you. why, you're nothing but a pack of cards!"

Caterpillar: Who... are... you?
Alice: Why, I hardly know, sir. I've changed so much since this morning, you see...
Caterpillar: No, I do not C... explain yourself.
Alice: I'm afraid I can't explain myself, you see, because I'm not myself, you know.
Caterpillar: I do not know.
Alice: I can't put it any more clearly, sir, because it isn't clear to me.

"curiosity often leads to trouble..."
alice: "but I don't want to go among mad people!"
chesire cat: "oh, you can't help that, most everyone's mad here."
doorknob: "read the directions, and directly you will be directed in the right direction."
alice: "better read it first, for if one drinks much from a bottle marked "poison", it's almost certain to disagree with one sooner or later... oh well."
"it would be so nice if something would make sense for a change..."

"well, after this i shall think nothing of falling downstairs!"


"when i get home i shall write a book about this place... if i ever do get home..."

//-//-//-//-//-//-

some of my other favorites:

"of all the silly nonsense... this is the stupidest tea party I've ever been to in all my life!"

//-//-//-//-//-

king of hearts: "rule 42: all persons more than a mile high must leave the court immediately!"

alice: "I am not a mile high, and I'm not leaving."

Queen of Hearts: "Sorry. Rule 42, you know."

//-//-//-//-//-

March Hare: "why don't you start at the begining?"

Mad Hatter: "yes and when you reach the end... stop."

//-//-//-//-//-

"i'm tired of being only three inches high..."

//-//-//-//-//-

"i have an excellent idea... LETS CHANGE THE SUBJECT!"

//-//-//-//-//-

"ahoy, and other nautical expressions!"

//-//-//-//-//-

Tweedle Dum: "if you think we're waxworks, you ought to pay, you know."

Tweedle Dee: "contrarywise, if you think we're alive you ought to speak to us."

Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum: "that's logic."

//-//-//-//-//-

"oh yes mustard! that'll do... MUSTARD?! don't let's be silly. now lemon, that's different..."

//-//-//-//-//-

Mad Hatter: "ah thank goodness! those are the things that upset me!"

March Hare: "see all the trouble you started?"

Alice: "but I didn't think..."

March Hare: "ah, that's just it. if you don't think, then you shouldn't talk."

//-//-//-//-//-

"no wonder you're late. why, this watch is exactly two days slow."

//-//-//-//-//-

"in my world, the books would be nothing but pictures."

//-//-//-//-//-

"goodness. i suppose i'll be taking orders from dinah next."

//-//-//-//-//-

"we'll blow the thing there out, we'll smoke the monster out!"

//-//-//-//-//-

"sentence first! Verdict afterwards."

//-//-//-//-//-

Alice: "Oh, no, no. I was just wondering if you could help me find my way."

Cheshire Cat: "Well that depends on where you want to get to."

Alice: "Oh, it really doesn't matter, as long as... "

Cheshire Cat: "Then it really doesn't matter which way you go!"

//-//-//-//-//-

i do hope my nerdiness entertained somebody,

gabrielle.

1 comment:

gabrielle. said...

Well, I hope you got this out of your system.....I don't want to see you in this dress again til next Halloween. hahahahaha Remember when you were Aurora and wore that costume until it was 6 inches off the ground. With orange jelly shoes? You and your costumes.from d.w. now that I know I can post in your name i will do so...often.