1.01.2008

holy chrimboli!




alright, this post is about a week late, but i figure in the world of blogging, it's better late than never, although i'm not sure if that's the case. this is my christmas blog. that is, a blog about how blessed i am. urm... i still haven't figured out how to get these pics in order, the uploader on blogspot is pretty crap if you ask me. but here they are, in random order:


my mom with her brand new "DEBBIE" american girl doll.
my dad showing his Hofstra Pride.
me with the mother load. from L to R... new Marc Jacobs purse (in white bag), CHI flat iron, movies, movies, movies, american girl doll clothes, new blow dryer, new perfume (britney spears Believe), movies, movies, more movies, books, buffy the vampire slayer (all 7 seasons), obviously a truck load of more movies/t.v. series, another book, Ralph Lauren Fashion Book (huge), Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume, also i am wrapped in the new fuzzy Alice in Wonderland Blanket. Not included are the wonderful presents from sandee (B.Nobe gift card/hand made scarf) and samantha (Betsey Johnson perfume) and of course, kenny. He got me 21 Jump Street on dvd (my fave t.v. show as a young one), a new book to read, a really sparkly and beautiful headband, and a Marie Osmond cd. plus he wrapped them all in paper towels, so it was pretty amazing.
connor playing rock band. he hasn't stopped. no seriously, he is doing that RIGHT NOW.

stocking time. i got nail polish. and shaving cream.
so, my dad really surprised me this year by getting me the most amazing gift. he got me about 25 movies that i've never seen that he thinks i should see, all of them for different reasons. most of them are thought of as the best movies of the decade i am sure, and some of them.... well, not so much. among the list of ones i am really excited for: the graduate, bonnie and clyde, my fair lady, annie hall, and one flew over the cukoo's nest. ones i am not so excited about: platoon, deliverance, and saving private ryan.
connor's fave gift: a live JOURNEY dvd. oh brother.
stefan sent connor the most rockin' poncho. connor looks pretty bomb in it, don't you think?
me with my favorite book about my favorite lady: "Different Like CoCo". Everyone should read it.
So, that's pretty much it. we had a pretty chill christmas this year, just my small family, four people. next year stefan will be home and i cannot wait. we got to talk to him on christmas and it was so much fun. he has less than a year left and my family couldn't be happier!! he sounds so great though, and he is doing wonderfully. he is right where he is supposed to be and he is so blessed for his sacrifice and service and hard work. and i know my family is blessed too for letting him go for two years :) i love him so so so much and i miss him everyday. i am so proud of him for having the courage and strength (that i lack) to do something so wonderful for so many people. sometimes i feel like maybe i should be somewhere else doing things for other people. maybe i am in the wrong place.
hope all of your families are having a great holiday. i love you all. please be safe.
-gabrielle.


2 comments:

Nic said...

Looks like you really raked it in! I always wish your presents were my presents....It's like that when I order food at restaurants too, I always wish I would've ordered what Chad got......

Melissa said...

What a Christmas! I love that you showed us your loot. The best is the "Debbie Doll." I still can't get over what a man Conner is....what happened to lil conner?