1.23.2008

what's living if you never pull your shorts down and slide on the ice?!

this is the kind of day it's been for me:

today i walk outside in the freezing cold weather (ok, 39 degrees is freezing to me) at 6:30 and i get in my freezing cold car which, thanks to my dad's new mustang (don't get me started), now is parked in the driveway instead of the garage. i drive to work waiting for the heat to get going, which it does about 48 seconds from my work, and i am getting out of my car to run into the office and i grab my carnation instant breakfast (the best invention since the wheel, i tell you) and as i'm getting out of the car i spill it on my BRAND NEW work pants. oh, did i mention that it is freezing frickin' cold? ok, just making sure. so i go inside and call my mom and ask her to bring me a skirt. when she does, i change and i realize that i am wearing my tennis shoes and striped socks that go up to my calf. so, i pretty much just stayed seated behind my desk of solitude until lunch when i went home and changed into more appropriate footwear.
then, i start reading harry potter and the chamber of secrets and i flip through the pages and i come across a rubber lizard. and for some reason, with the kind of day it's been, that rubber lizard just made sense. it was just so normal that i would find a lizard in my book.
another monstrosity: the price of evian went up ten cents. oh and also, i didn't get to go to the aly and a.j. concert on account of i didn't have anyone to go with. woe is me.


latesky.

4 comments:

Malia said...

whatever.
never time they come I will go.
I have a secret obsession.

Nic said...

Funny! Good thing your boss is good with helping out in the injury department. Just in case you awake with a sore hiney! Great story....Did you actually have tickets & just not go? I would have gone with you!

Karen said...

Love the hair style! Way cute modeling pictures, you should be in Elle :) Love, Karen
P.S. Did your mom tell you I had my baby 4 wks early? crazy huh!

wearll said...

What could be wrong with your dads new mustang that we shouldn't get you started about? New mustangs sound cool!