1.21.2008

family night.

tonight for family night we went to dinner and a movie. we saw the bucket list. of course connor and i got into a fight during dinner, and we are now both shunning each other, but that's usually how my life goes (i.e. i am constantly being shunned by people, i've learned to deal). the bucket list was a good flick, pretty sad obviously, i'm pretty sure you all know the premise. jack nicholson and morgan freeman make a list of things they want to do before they kick the bucket ("cutesy"), among them are: kiss the most beautiful girl in the world, skydive, help a complete stranger, laugh until i cry, and witness something majestic. it's a really cute story about friendship, and obviously about life, all while being pretty predictable. so, as an audience, we cry in places we're supposed to cry, and laugh in places we're supposed to laugh, and we all leave better people, yes? on the way out to the car i pretended to be an airplane because that's just what i do, and i sped ahead of my family and connor asked: "what are you doing?", to which i replied, accenting my bottom, "i am allowing you all to witness something majestic". we can all cross that one off our lists.


tomorrow the oscar nominees are announced, and i gotta say i tried to make a list today; i got pretty far, but i just couldn't finish it. list making just isn't the same for me lately. it's quite sad actually. there were just a few categories that i wasn't sure of. i had adapted screenplay and original screenplay, director and supporting roles, but there were just a few i wasn't sure of, and my list making buddy is no more, i'm afraid, so i had no one to consult about my decisions. i ended up making a rough copy for me just so i could see if i was right, but there's no need to type it out on here. some things just don't have any point anymore.

other than the above pathetic "news" i have nothing new to report. my life is quite crazy at the moment, i kind of feel like i am all over the place. i feel like there are pieces of me everywhere, and i'm just trying to find them all so i can put myself back together. i know there are going to be some pieces of myself that i can't find, or that i don't want to find. or there will be pieces that are better left where i found them, better left alone. i only hope that what i piece together is a semblence of myself. i hope that people won't notice the holes or cracks that aren't filled. mostly i hope that i won't notice them. i hope that i will be able to see myself in what is left.


until next time,
gabrielle.

No comments: