12.12.2007

you compare one tree to the entire forest.




hello, all.




so it is official: i am a nerd. and i only preface this entry with that statement b/c i am about to dork it up here in about... oh, thirteen seconds. some of you will share my excitement in this post, some of you will share my dissapointment. but all of you will share my dorkiness. ready?




so, i am not sure how many of you have started reading, or have already read the TWILIGHT book series by Stephenie Meyer. Anyways, i started the first book (twilight) about seventeen times before i actually finished it. it was really hard for me to get into (mostly b/c of the bad writing in the begining), but after a while, i could't help it... i was hooked. i ended up reading all three books in one week. during that time my friend melissa and my aunt jennie were reading them as well and we began discussing who would get cast in the movie (which there will no doubt be). so, i made a list (like i always do) of who i want cast in that movie. needless to say, my list was/still is PERFECT, although i knew the entire time i was making it that none of them would get chosen to be in the movie. since then it has been made OFFICIAL: there is going to be a twilight movie that is scheduled for release in late 2008. The film is being made by Summit Production Company, with director Catherine Hardwicke (The Nativity Story, Thirteen), and writer Melissa Rosenberg (writer of popular t.v. shows Dexter, Ally McBeal, The O.C., to name a few). The casting process is a long one, and they are really taking their time chosing actors, but so far the characters of Isabella Swan and Edward Cullen have officially been cast.




Chosen for Bella is Kristen Stewart (In the Land of Women, The Messengers), and Robert Pattinson (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) was chosen for Edward. I'm pretty sad, because my Edward was Tom Ford. But life goes on, i suppose. I just hope they cast the rest of the movie well. There are so many crucial characters to mess up, i hope they're careful. i'm not too excited about Kristen Stewart's acting (she was pretty bad in Land of Women), but she is better than Alexis Bledel who they had originally wanted. In a perfect world, it would be Emmy Rossum, maybe that's just me? anyways... so... are you excited, melissa?!
latesky,
gabrielle.




2 comments:

Malia said...

oh i love it! I wasn't sure about Edward, but i think he is growing on me.
I think she is a lame actress.
I guess that they have to pick people who appeal to a broad audience. I'm glad they picked people who were relatively unknown. I would have died if they picked some lame famous actress for Bella and some hot but no substance Edward.
Wow, i'm officially more of a nerd than you are for analyzing this whole thing.

Melissa said...

Ok I can't believe it took me this long to read this post. You are in the know and I totally agree with you on Edward and Bella. In a perfect world we could cast this movie and it would be a huge box office hit. I hope they don't do it dirty. Love that you posted about this...you rock.