12.07.2007

why does aaron neville exist?

dear readers of this blog:
raise your hand if you agree with me on this one: aaron neville is a menace to society. right? his music only hurts, it doens't help anything. i don't usually have such strong feelings of hatred against aaron, but with it being the holidays and all, i am hearing alot more from him, thankyouverymuch, xm radio (NOT). his renditions of christmas songs are truly painful. so, congratulations, aaron. you are in a select group of people who can take even the most beautiful songs and turn them into pieces of pure CRAP. also in your company: niel diamond (jew), barbara streisand (jew), and the cheetah girls.

there is something to be said about a person who writes a blog to vent about aaron neville, and it's not a very flattering something. but guess what? whatever you're thinking about me or this post i already know. i obviously am home on a friday night and i am clearly vair vair bored. also to be noted, i am wearing a mumu. so, draw your own conclusions. and then put them in an envelope and mail them to yourself b/c i don't even care.

today was a rainy day, and i love those days above all others. on rainy days for some reason i always crave boneless buffalo wings from chili's which, i might add, i did NOT eat today. let's see, what did i accomplish today? uh... well clinton and i concluded that burl ives sings like a dream. and i decided what my LEAST favorite thing in the world is. i went to the 4A football state championship game at cardinal's stadium on account of my cousin TANNER'S team was playing. they lost which is tres merde, but the game was fun anyway. i sat there and played I-SPY celebrity edition with myself. i spied terrance howard selling pretzels, bilbo baggins cheering on the marauders, and sandra bullock stuck in a vicious time warp in the end zone. i am pretty sure the only person who can appreciate this game and my spies is kenneth. appologies to everyone who is NOT him and just read this paragraph.

*side note: my outfit was adorable today. i wore the cutes erin featherston top with these really cute weathered jeans and my red bcbg pumps. loved it. i also did my hair and makeup today, i felt extra ambitious.

sad moment of my life today: i purchased daughtry's cd tonight at zia records. i am telling myself it didn't count against me though, b/c it was used and i used my zia credit to get it so it didn't technically cost me anything. whatever, the bottom line is, i went to zia by myself in the rain and bought daughtry. triste. vair triste.

so i drove down scottsdale road tonight and the roads were all wet and the weather was all rainy and all of the buildings were decorated in christmas lights and everything looked so beautiful. i swear scottsdale has the most extravagant buildings and they all have the most detailed christmas lights. i was listening to my ipod, i believe it was the beatles at the time, but i just had an overwhelming sense of appreciation come over me. and in that moment i really honestly just felt like everything in my life is going to be ok. i love moments like those, they really bring me such peace, even if it is just for a few minutes. the earth looked so beautiful and fresh and clean after the rain, and my family was with me, and i had good music playing and it was just really a perfect moment. and i just started thinking about my life in its entirety, and how greatful i am for all of my blessings, no matter how insignificant they may seem. i wish that i took more time out of my day to think about my life and all of the blessings i have, i know i don't do that often enough. i think it is important to stop and think sometimes. take the long way home and use the extra time to think about my life and all of the amazing opportunities and blessings i have, all of the extraordinary people that are in my life, and also to think about what i can do for others to be an extraordinary person in their lives. often times i get too caught up in thinking about what is going wrong in my life; things that aren't going the way i had planned them to, or directing too many of my thoughts to things i do not have, or qualities that i lack. it's really quite selfish to think about myself so much, especially negatively, and it's such an unatractive quality, one i hope i don't show too often. for example, instead of complaining about the distance between NY and AZ, i should be greatful for my wonderful phone plan. besides, complaining never accomplishes anything. what good does talking about how much i hate the distance do? if i hate it so much, i should do something about it. stop talking about making changes and start making them. stop saying "when" and start saying "from now on". oh dear, this has turned in to what sounds like a new year's resolutiong or something. i really shouldn't write under the influence of nyquil. i shouldn't be allowed on the computer this late.

i'm sorry for the rant. thank you to those who read it, though. i will make you a copy of my new daughtry cd to show my gratitude.

i love you all. no really, i do.

signed, gabrielle.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Loved your thoughts. You write very well and express yourself beautifully. I hate Neville too. I think Tom and I had this coversation. I agree XM plays him too much. And I am intrigued with the I Spy game now.
Hey and when you get all glamed up take a picture and post it for those of us that rarely do. Maybe I'll get inspired to do the same.

Karen said...

I just read your hour long post Gabby...I loved it and laughed super hard...but I do now deserve a Daughtery CD copy mind you. Yeah Aaron Neville sounds like a dyeing zoo animal...I say we strike him from holiday music.

Malia said...

NEVILLE
menace.
we hate him at our household as well.

but, we do however, love you :)