2.26.2008

my life... now

quick update b/c i am about to fall over DEAD!

1. i got a record player and it is the best thing that's happened to me in a long time. ive been spending my free time listening to killer records like the beatles, elton john, fleetwood mac, madonna, billy joel, and even some new stuff like eisley, iron & wine, the faint, and bright eyes. if anyone has records they don't use anymore, send them my way please!!

2. i am addicted to american idol and project runway and the gauntlet 3. reality tv has sucked me in. cry for me.

3. the writer's strike is over. most shows should return in april... just in time for my bday. yay!

4. i can almost start tanning again!! one more month on this blasted medicine and then it's back to the booths for some skin cancer 101 and i couldn't be happier.

5. my fringe is annoying me at the moment.

6. i still have to wash my face and it is midnight. i have to get up in 5 hrs.

7. the oscar's were a bit on the lame side this year with the exception of the following: marion cotillard winning, tilda swinton winning, the kids from ONCE performing/ WINNING, heidi klum's dress, cate blanchett losing, and gary busey's tantrum on the red carpet. other than that... SNOOOOOOZE!

8. i am almost done seeing all of the movies to complete my 2007 list. just a few more left. oh man, i can't wait to write that blog.

9. i'm starting singing lessons. stop laughing.

10. i made carmelitas tonight.

11. this list is boring. i don't even know why i started it.

12. my new motto in life is "make the decision". it is part of one of my favourite quotes of all time. i made a mural on my wall with pictures of all the things i want to accomplish in this life and i added that quote to it just the other day. i have decided to stop waiting for things to happen to me, and instead to make them happen. i've decided to quit depending on people. i decided that i never again want to be in a relationship, friend or otherwise, where i am desperate for the other person. instead of talking about what i want to do, i am going to start doing it. i am faced with hundreds of decisions daily, and i am going to make them myself, i am going to own them. i understand that i can't always decide what happens to me in my life, but i can always decide how i react to what happens to me. people can only affect me as much as i allow them to. so i am going to make the decision to be better. take the challenge with me and MAKE THE DECISIONS in your life that need to be made. if you want to do something, do it. the only thing stopping you is yourself.


what a weird note to end on. you'll have to forgive me, today i took a nap and i had the most intense dream that i was getting a tooth pulled from steve nash and he gave me laughing gas in the dream and i haven't been "all there" since. sorry.

weirdly and confusidly (?) yours,
gabriella.

7 comments:

Malia said...

i'm so sorry i never got back to you this week. A few family problems came up...I won't be able to hang thursday either.
However, spring break is coming up the week after next so we can have a sing a long for as long as you want :)

Karen said...

Gabby,
you crack the heck out of me...I almost said hell... I think you SHOULD do singing lessons, thats awesome...and you are good at photography too...so theres another class to think about. I know! I miss just chilling and having no responsiblity...trust me, you have PLENTY of time to be single...LIVE IT UP! I DID! ANd it pays off great I promise :) I love you Gabs! Tell your madre I love her too.

Melissa said...

I swear I just checked your blog 2 days ago and then today BOOM- hit the jackpot! You have been busy. I love the new look and all the juicy new posts. I finally got to see oz man and chubby cat. Love the pics of the concert. Ike keeps telling me "Mom you said I would get bored and I DID NOT GET BORED WITH HANNAH MOOHTANA!" He keeps talking about it. Thanks for sneaking him off, while I was crashed out. You are a great friend to our family!
I love the photo booth with your friend. You both look fabulous. My favorite is your pose on the bed kneeling.

Melissa said...

OK, is that Kim from work in those photos? Wow, I love what you did!

Livin' Wright said...

Haha! love the post, and I love even more that you have a record player. I am going to start calling you DJ Jazzy G!

Karen said...

Gabby I tagged you (see my blog)
Kare Bear

Kim said...

Ok so let me just get this out there...I stinking love you! I'm glad I got to see you for just a bit the other day at church. It sounds like life is well. I must admit I like Hannah Montana too!