3.02.2008

i'm it!

so, this is a new experience for me... i've been tagged. i'm pretty new at this, so i have to admit i don't really know what being "tagged" entails, in fact, i can't remember being tagged at all since the third grade. i'm fairly sure that in this case i am supposed to list seven random facts about myself. such a task normally wouldn't be a problem for me, seeing as how i absolutely love talking about myself, but now that i am given the opportunity, i can't think of one single thing to say. ironic? nay. tragic, really. the "tagger" in this case is my freind karen, and i, being the "tag-ee", in turn i am supposed to "tag" a few friends of my own. so, now that i am "it", i choose to tag malia, nichole, and kim. you're it! and now, the random and, in some cases, surprising facts about me, in no particular order...

1. i consider myself to be a connoisseur (con-nois-seur, n., a discerning judge of the best in any field) of bottled water. with that being said, i am extremely choosy about the bottled water that i drink. in most cases, i only sip evian. but under certain dire circumstances, i will drink fiji or smart water (though not happily). the following bottled water are, in my opinion, unacceptable no matter what the circumstances are: dasani, arrowhead, aquafina, crystal geyser... on another water note, it really does bother me when restaurants serve tap water, or in some cases arizona hose water, which is just NOT acceptable. it's like, i'm paying $15 for my meal, why don't you spend $20 a month and spring for a water cooler? or at least a filter? i know what tap water tastes like, so don't insult me by serving it to me and implying that i do not. oh, and i'm also a connoisseur of ranch dressing.

2. i get up at 4:45 on monday- friday mornings to get ready for work. it takes me a while to shower, wash my face, brush my teeth, blow dry and flat iron my naturally curly hair, slap some make-up on, and select an outfit that i will be comfortable in for the next 12 hours. because i won't be home until 6:30 that night. somedays i give in to temptation and sleep in until 6, but then my hair is curly and my eyes are sleepy and i end up spilling carnation instant breakfast on my pants on the way to my car.

3. in first grade i changed schools and had a pretty rough time adapting to the move. i desperately wanted to be included in the "cool" crowd (yes, there was one even in first grade), which meant that i got to hang with girls with awesome names like "alexis", and "rachel". so, to fit in a little better i decided to tell a small fib to get me in. the small fib was that the new kids on the block were my cousins. yes, all of them. joey, jordan, jonathan, donny, and danny. nevermind that they weren't all related, the important thing was that they were all related to me. looking back, i can't imagine why i would have chosen them of all people. i mean, they wore neon shirts underneath acid wash overalls with fedoras and john lennon sunglasses. and the songs? oh! the songs! how i loved the songs, i can't deny that. "step by step"?! ooooh baby! eventually their population faded and no one wanted to be seen with a cousin of a washed up boy-bander. it was then that i considered zack morris as a "back up" family member, maybe an uncle? but i decided against it, after all it was pretty risky. no one's family has that much luck in hollywood, except for maybe the baldwins.

4. i have ordered dinner for justin timberlake. now that is true, i'm not just trying to get you guys to have me over for sleepovers on the weekends (although i'm not saying i wouldn't accept). in spring of 2003 i was working for my uncle in his hair salon and one of our clients was owned a production company that organized tours for musicians and groups. and he was working on the justin timberlake/christina aguilera tour. he was in the salon the day of the concert (which i went to) and he had to bring back food for justin and he had me call in the order for him and i got to choose what he got!! so i ordered from pasta brioni (because justin's favorite food is pasta- duh!) and i ordered him my favorite pasta dish from there. and i met up with the tour manager at the concert and he told me that justin loved it and that he wanted to meet the person who selcted it for him!!! nah, that last part was made up, but didn't it make you wanna have a sleepover with me?

5. in tenth grade (spring of 2000) i camped out for three nights in downtown phoenix for 'NSYNC tickets with my best friend katie. that's right, three nights... wednesday, thursday, friday. it was one of the most fun experiences in my life, and i'd do it again in a second. although, due to my fear of public restrooms, i didn't go potty for almost four days, and it took my system quite a while to recover. AND i got maybe four hours of sleep the entire time i was there. and i did get harassed by a drunk bum a few times. and there were crickets on the floor. but, due to our persistance and bravery, we had tenth row seats for the june 5th and june 6th concerts. it was sooooo worth it.

6. on my second birthday my grandma walz's dog bit a chunk of my lip off, and it really wasn't my fault. "snookums" was just the dog from hell (can't you tell by her name?). she snapped at me, but a chunk of my lip off and my mom literally had to hold my lip on as my dad drove us to the emergency room. my lip was dangling and my mom's clothes were covered in blood. they ended up having to sew the chunk of skin back on to my lip (luckily i had a good doctor otherwise that could have been disasterous). and that's how i got the scar that is on my upper lip. it's pretty obvious, especially if i wear lipstick. now the dog is buried in my grandma's backyard. everytime i go over there, my scar burns. it's truly the mark of the dark lord.

7. i have over 500 cds and over 300 dvds. yes, i am obsessive compulsive, and yes, they are in alphabetical order. i have a bad habit of collecting things. for example, i have over 270 lipglosses and over 200 eyeshadows. honestly, it is a disease and i need help. i remember a time when i was in high school and i was at my brother stefan's basketball game and my mom asked me if she could borrow a pen and i told her she could get one out of my backpack and she reached in and pulled out a handful of lipglosses. she just looked at me and said "you need counseling". it's true, i do. other things i am obsessive compulsive about: dusting my room, vacuuming my room, hanging my clothes up according to color, straightening my hair, and my eyebrows. DON'T ASK.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I loved these and of course cracked up at your great descriptive writing. There were a few things I did know and more that I didn't. I can't believe you get up before 5 am. Ouch!

Caton said...

Gaby i admit that i read your blog and i also willingly admit you are the funniest, most self aware person I have ever come in contact with and it is absolutely awesome! keep it up!

Jen said...

Wow, you have a pretty busy schedule! Seriously i think i'll come to you the next time i want to rent a movie.
Here's a test.. Do you have Les Miserables? It's an oldschool classic. (someone made a comment in church yesterday, and i am totally wanting to watch it now).

Kimberly Johnson said...

did you ever know that your my hero, your everything i wish i could beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! ok so i just sang you a song, but really you crack me up and thanks for tagging me, now i have to think of seven random things about me... i'm pretty boring so this should be interesting. Goiter's cackle was my favorite part of today :)

Malia said...

gabby
it's officially spring break.
that means i'm free i'm free i'm free at last.
That also means that if need be we could pretty much have a non stop sing along every night of the week. However, I think my Husband would miss me.

Seriously though, we can get together ANYTIME.
Please please please let me bask in the glory that is Gabby. Please?

gabrielle. said...

WOW, guys! i just wanted to thank you all for reading my blog and laughing and commenting. thank you so much for the support! all of you. and jen, i have les miserables but it is the newer one with liam neeson. plus i've seen the play, does that count for anything? caton, i can't believe you read my blog! that is so awesome!! p.s. to everyone malia is my voice coach and she is amazing. haha thanks for keeping my positive!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously..can we hang out I love you!