3.06.2008

at last....

well, i've got quite a few stories to tell and very little time to tell them, so i'm gonna just start off with a bang. literally.

today i went to home depot after (another) ultrasound and i was walking through the parking lot and my pants were falling off so i looked down to fix them and get my situation together and my dad yells "look out" and before i can even look out or up or anything, i get whacked in the head by a giant metal beam that is sitting in the bed of a truck. i got hit so hard that it flung my head backwards. wow. it sucked. and my head still hurts. i should have let my pants fall off. but that would have been a different kind of "wow".

my cousin nichole is prego and she just found out today she is having ANOTHER set of twins!!! it is such great news!! i love her family so much and her kids are so beautiful and sweet, i can't wait for her to have more. i want it to be two beautiful boys!! good luck, nic! we love you.

so i got some new glasses, and my mom forbode me to wear them out of the house. in fact, when i came in wearing them the other night, she couldn't stop laughing. then she would stop laughing finally and then i would say something and she would look at me and it would all be over. i don't know, guys... i think i look gooooood. what do you think?



so, my reality shows are evolving quite nicely. tonight on idol kady, asia'h, danny, and luke got voted off. i was pretty shocked, i must say. i thought it would be luke and chikeze, kady and kristy lee. i am way way bummed about danny... i really liked him :( but on the upside, project ruwa is over and CHRISTIAN WON! and i have luuuuuuuurved him since the begining. he WILL make me a dress someday.


so i am RE-obsessed with jason mraz at the moment, particularly the song "i'm yours". he makes sunshine come out my rear end and i just want you all to share in my joy and download "i'm yours" off of i-tunes immediately so that sunshine can seep from your oraphous (?) as well. he is amazing, truly. one of my favorite concerts ever was back in july of 2005 right before his album MR. A-Z came out and he played a small "show" at zia records... just him and a guitar and my friends sandee and thanner and i snuck in and got to see him up close and he was beautiful and the sounds that come out of his mouth were so amazing. it was a room full of maybe 50 people. it was so awesome. that memory kind of made me wish that it was 2005 and that everything that has happened to me the past three years would be non-existent. and things would be the way they were. but that is unrealistic and wishing about it is just plain pointless.


i would just like to state, for the record, that i LOVE my hair. i have been coloring and chopping at it myself for the past 3 months, and i have done an amazing job. not to like, toot my own horn or anything, but i'm pretty fricking amazing at cutting and coloring hair. i've always colored my own hair, but lately i've been doing both to save money. and tonight i just added random chunks of dark dark brown and white blonde underneath my top layer of red. if it sounds trashy, it's not. it's brilliant. soon i'll take a good pic of it and post it and you'll see.


this section is for kimbizzle. because i love her so much i am making a list of my favorite books that she needs to read. any of you can take note as well. kim is wanted to be a reader so she asked me to compile a list since i am always reading. so, here's a quick one just for you, my little kim, right off the top of my brain:
-the perks of being a wallflower
-this lullaby
-the center of everything
-the lovely bones
-nine stories
-nineteen minutes
-the year of the secret assignments
-feeling sorry for celia
-the secret life of bees
-to kill a mockingbird
-goodnight, mr. tom
-sloppy firsts (and all the sequels)
-a million pieces
-my friend leonard
-she's come undone
and the one i just finished that was actually really really amazing... a ticket to ride.
good luck kim. you got your work cut out for you!!



i would also like to state, for the record, that i am in love with my friends. so far 2008 has been..... weird (to say the least) for me and i've been so blessed to have the support and love of so many people. the past 5 years i have really tried to weed out the negative people in my life, the randoms who take and never give, who use me as a back-up, who can't handle it if i am funnier than they are, etc. i call them "hop-ons", and for about 19 years, i had way too many of them. so i am proud to say that for the first time in my life, i have no hop-ons. i have gained a certain amount of respect for myself and simply told myself that i am not going to allow myself to be in those types of relationships any longer. i've made the decision to change, not who i am, but who i let in my life. because the plain and simple fact is, not everyone deserves to be in it. (side note: this applies to everyone, not just me... everyone has their own version of hop-ons) i used to be worried that i would be considered a bitch if i stuck up for myself, but defending yourself doesn't make you bitchy, it makes you honest. i had to think, "would i rather hate myself for being with this person, or hate myself for being without them?" sadly, for a while, i did just stay and allow certain people to affect me negatively. i gave more than i took, i pushed myself too hard, and for what? the brutal truth that i was avoiding so much is that i've got to stick up for myself, because if i don't, no one will. no one is going to step in and do it for me. i tend to put too much of myself into my relationships, friendship or otherwise, because i honestly and truly love my friends. unfortunately, these gestures or favors or whatever you want to call them end up making me look desperate, when that really isn't the case at all. giving more than i take, answering midnight phonecalls, doing favors, etc.... that just made me look pathetic. and it was so so hard for me to accept that and i really didn't want to. i didn't want to be alone. the decision that i made to be alone rather than be mistreated was the best decision i have made for myself in a long time, maybe ever. it was hard and it was sad and it hurt but once i did it and looked around myself, i mean really looked around i found that i was never really alone, that i am surrounded by amazing people who love me and support me and want me to succeed. people who think i am beautiful and smart. people who encourage me, people who challenge me, people who accept me. people who give. people who laugh. people who love equally. i wanted to list some names of people who have really been phenominal lately, but i just don't think i can do that. there is too much of a chance that i would leave someone out. please know that i know who you are, and i am greatful for you and that i love you and that i would do anything for you. please know that i think about you when i'm not with you, and even though we may not see each other enough, you are always, always in my heart.


so, here's to ridiculous glasses. here's too laughing so hard that you pee a little... here's to my head that still hurts... here's to jason mraz and sunshine out my bum... here's to new life... and old life. here's to friends. here's to christian and project runway... here's to evian... here's to good books... here's to great writing... here's to fierce hair... here's to you... here's to me... here's to sleep.


goodnight everybody.

sweet dreams,
gabrielle.

4 comments:

Jen said...

You are awesome, that was seriously so entertaining to read.
Sorry about your little accident & i can't wait to see you new hair color.

Melissa said...

I love you and your writing! You always give me a good laugh. Thanks Gabe.

Karen said...

If I was there I would have jumped in and save you. Way to go Arlon, I don't even know if thats how you spell your Dad's name. JK...Hope your little noggin feels better soon. I wish I was there to laugh at your glasses with you and your mom! Love you.

Malia said...

what the kristy lee?

what has the world come to?