6.04.2009

random texts.

oh, hi. random texts are the best. the past couple of days it seems like i've gotten more random texts than usual, which makes me happy. here are a few of note (is that even a saying or did i make it up?):

d.w.: "did you know that in the e.r. 'gsw' stands for 'gun shot wound', not 'gabby sue walz'?"
*she thought that was pretty cool, until i informed her that "gw" also stand for "genital warts" in the medical world. she still thought that was pretty cool, i had to inform her that it was, in fact, not that cool.

jordan: "i just saw my two favorite ladies tearin' up the sidewalk!"
*he sent this after he saw me and d.w. on our nightly neighborhood jaunt, to which i replied: "you mean mary kate and ashley?!"

samantha: "you were his best student. he (Lenny, her dog) framed your thesis paper. it's next to his doggy bed"
*this was actually notso random. it was in reply to my text reminding her when her dog lenny was my professor.

kenny: "at the airport. this little girl says 'daddy why can't i bring my bubbles?' and he says, dead serious, 'because of al-qaeda' "
*there are so many great ones from kenny. this one is actually from a while back, but i still have it and i still love it.

leslie: "thank you for being my friend. i would have it NO other way. i would be sore lost without you."

jim: "open the internet, go to google and type 'define: pangs' to get a dictionary of pangs as i did."
*ok, this is my fave kind of randoms to get. he sent me this at 10:49 pm. and when i did as he asked, i found that the definition of pangs that he got was "an episode of the fourth season of buffy the vampire slayer" or something to that affect. he always used to say how lame i am for loving that show so much. at the time i got this text, we weren't really friends anymore, so that made it all the more random. but the point is, he thought of me because of that definition and so he texted me to tell me that he thought of me. such a lovely thing.

lincoln: "gabbi we have not seen each other for over two months... it's time we take care of that."

and this one comes from chanel, this very morning.

chanel: "knock knock"
me: "who's there?"
chanel: "britney spears."
me: "oh boy"
chanel: "no, no. you are supposed to say 'britney spears who' ! do it!"
me: "ugh. i am more concerned about what miss spears is doing at my door at 7 a.m. britney spears who?"
chanel: "knock knock"
me: "i already said who's there! i can't type alot because i am driving!"
chanel: "well this joke is super hard to do over text. but the point is i'm supposed to start the joke twice and then say 'oops, i did it again!' i'll make a note that it doesn't work too well over text."
me: "dang. that actually is pretty funny."
*sorry i ruined your joke, chanel. i didn't mean to. you know i'm a grouch in the morning. i don't see colors before noon. have fun in the specific northwest. come back soon.


yeah so the moral of this story is SEND ME RANDOM TEXTS.

No comments: