12.08.2008

I think that it's brainless to assume that making changes to your window's view will give a new perspective.

so, it's "winter", which in arizona means i can wear a hoodie without sweating for 27 minutes in the morning, and that the cacti now have little twinkling lights on them. it also means i am broke as a (not funny) joke, and that i am tired bc it is dark in the morning when i have to be awake. but it also means good things too, like christmas music and christmas lights and hot chocolate and time with family and scarves and hats and sweaters.

how about this... if i had a time machine, i would rewind my life five years, which means i would be in december of 2003 and working at MAC right now. it also means that i would be like 35 lbs heavier and blonde and hating myself... because that's what i did in 2003. 2003-2004 were like my worst years emotionally. so why do i want to go back? good question. because, i could let my 19 yr old self in on a little secret... it's not that bad. seriously, and it can get worse. i really really miss my friends from that time period. and i hardly see any of them anymore. am i just thinking of one in particular? probably. right now it just seems like my brain is ramen noodles, all soggy and mooshy and i just don't know what to say about where i am in life right now. i suppose i am just severely nostalgic.

i am on a quest for a hoodie that has fur in the hood part of it. i had one of these, but it was too short on me, so i am now forever looking for a longer one. I WANT ONE SO BAD! please help.

also, i would like for my eye shadow not to crease. am i reaching for the stars on that one?

i am obsessed with the following cds: lady gaga, the ting tings, the killers, britney spears, kanye west, and jsut for fun, i am jamming on some old death cab for cutie tunes. man, i love that band.

another item i am on a quest for: shoes, black with high heels. just fyi.

and i also need a mate. you know, an "other half", a player two for when i play nintendo, some cheese for my maccaroni. i feel like bridget jones: "i need a boyfriend!", but i want one, dang it. i can't help it, i just do. i've decided not to fight it any longer. i'm just going to admit that, yes, i am human and yes, i get lonely. whatcha gonna do?

i was supposed to read today but i got no reading done. minus 500 for me. now i must finish up work and head home so i can lay in bed and mope and listen to records. wa hoo.

4 comments:

Malia said...

I would just like to know how to put on my eye shadow.

Sad, but true. I always end up looking like a hot mess, or a kindergarten kid let lose with a black sharpie. blech

gabrielle. said...

oh malia. you help me with singing, i help you with eyeshadow. win-win.

Nic said...

minus 500 points for me too. Chad's always adding or subtracting "bonus points" around our house. I've yet to figure out what i've won or lost from those points though...hmmm....makes me wonder.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a good mate :)

Nic said...

Oh yeah, your time machine traveling is taking me back to yesterday when I suffered through "a barbie's christmas carol" with ella. Christmas past, present, and future. Skip it!