6.22.2008

utah.

dear utah,
we've known each other a long time now, and i'm not going to lie, you still creep me out. namely the way everyone's backyard connects and the fact that your cemetaries don't have fences and are located in the middle of neighborhoods (hello, pleasant grove?). but i will give you a pass since you are the home of so many wonderful things... just to name a few: the cirque lodge (celebrity rehab, anyone?), sundance, strawberry days, the purple turtle, the italian place, brick oven, high school musical 3, slc temple square, FRY SAUCE, and did i mention THE OSMONDS?! you're also the birth place of the frost family, like it or not, and i gotta admit, there is nothing better than my mom's pleasant grove tour. i love learning about the history my family has there... the house my mom grew up in, where the allen's lived, where my mom crashed into purple turtle's fence when she was fifteen, where the polygamists lived in relation to my mother's house (again with the creep factor!), what route the strawberry days parade drives through, the house on smiley drive, the lot where my grandma lucille's catering used to be (they tore it down... that is probably the most horrible thing i've ever heard.)... the list really could go on. how about stadium of fire? this is just about the first year in forever that i am not going and guess who will be there? miley cyrus and glenn beck, probably two of my favorite guilty pleasures. you're also the home to my frostie cousins who i love so much, and for that you receive a pass on the creepy lawn/cemetary situation.



me and my cousin mckell. she is the only girl in her family, so she clings to me when i am there, which i love. i don't have any sisters, so i love having these little girl cousins who think i am the bee's knees (i.e. malleri, merissa, ella, danielle, erika, noelle). they are so much fun to spend time with, and they are SO BEAUTIFUL. i swear, the frost family spawns more GAP babies than we know what to do with.
chase working hard at his very difficult job. he is pretty much the best sandwich artist in the entire state of utah.
this is pretty much what being in a car for 2 days will do to a person.
hello, purple turtle fry sauce. you will be the star of my wedding reception (assuming that i actually get to have a wedding...)
my hotel bed. wow. i love hotels. i love them alot. i'd like to note the lack of mice droppings in hotels. way to go!
the view from our hotel room. so beautiful.
last picture with corbin :( he is such an awesome cousin. ever since the beginning of time, corbin and i have been arguing over who is better at phase 10. we decided recently that he can have that title, and i will take the title of "best at skip bo". so we split it 50/50. it's fine though because secretly we both think that we are the best at both of them. so it's a good system we've got going.
this pretty much sums up corbin.
there's mike with his "costco" face. he uses that face for any i.d. photos he has to take. that pretty much sums up michael as well. this is the frost family sans curtis, clay, and chase, who apparently had better things to do.

the conference center. 21,000 seats because 20,000 isn't enough. there is an amazing calm inside that building that is impossible to describe. it is a work of art, truly.
my family and our tour guide on the roof of the conference center.
the view of the temple from the roof. i do not appreciate the construction that was happening during our stay. for the record, nobody ok'd that with me.
more from the roof of the conference center.
trees on the roof. the sun was so bright that day and it was really really hot. not too fun to walk around.



this wall is amazing.


c.j. and i inside the conference center.

our feet in the conference center.
dad and c.j. eating dinner at brigham young's house... i think it's called the lion's head or something.
me and d.w. she is still getting the food out of her braces.
ah, the lion house. see i knew it had something to do with a lion.
front view of the lion house.

views of the slc temple. simply gorgey.

the temple's reflection.




me and c.j. on the steps of the temple. i am putting my arm around stefan, we intend to super-impose him in there with us. we miss him :(


connor and i enjoying the hotel bed.

connor insisted that i keep this ridiculous photo. who has a face like that? honestly....

i'm wearing a mumu, just so you all know. that is when i am most happy. in a mumu with an evian in my hand and my hair in a pony and dr. pepper chapstick on my lips.
check out my tan. i'm workin' on it....
idk how he deals with me. hahahahah he loves it though. i'm sure of that.







3 comments:

Melissa said...

I loved your post. I agree with your pros and cons of Utah.
I love temple square and the whole feeling there.
I didn't know the Frosts come from Pleasant Grove. I could totally see the Frost look in your cousins from PG. How fun.

Nic said...

OH my! I feel like I was right there with you! Purple turtle fry sauce is the best :) I have a picture of myself at age 3 sitting in front of the purple turtle, it's one of my favortite pics. I love getting the whole childhood memory tour everytime I go too :) It feels like home, in that creepy Utah way!!

Loved seeing pics of the Mike Frosts & especially Corbin before he's gone. Chase is classic behind the sandwich counter & Mike is, how can we put it, special???

You & Connor make great back seat buddies ;0 love it! Oh, & where did you get those flip-flops? I need a pair for sure!!

We missed you at the baptism, thanks for your kind words....

Malia said...

i love the lionhouse rolls
they contribute to my obesity...
that and pasta, ice cream, bread, cheese, butter...oh the list goes on and on