7.21.2010

word of the day: WEARY.

Two very loud, very “unique” patients are in my waiting room discussing (very loudly) the twilight series. (I’m looking around for satan, as this is obviously hell) I’m trying to not add my two cents, because if I do, it probably won’t be very nice. Fun as it would be to shut them down, I don’t need the bad karma right now. As I’m answering the phone, one of the patient’s son yells out, “Who is she talking to?!” I think he thought I was just another crazy person, talking to myself. About five minutes pass before he speaks again, and when he does he says to his mom, “it must make her weary”

-“what are you talking about?”

-“answering the phone like that all the time… it must make her weary.”

I like the way this kid thinks.
He looks at me and says “I’m sorry that you get weary at times. I wonder when your shift ends?”

Some days, my friend, it seems like my shift never ends.

3 comments:

Caton said...

what a strange/observant thing to say to someone at your doctor's office, I like that kid.

Cara said...

Oh this post made my day...I feel "weary" every day of the work week. Too funny!
Ok so I am serious...I want you to start up a book club...I would totally be there, plus I could use the friend right now :)

Nic said...

brilliant